Words to Live By
Pastor Louis Johnson, April 9, 2017
• OUR LIVES MOVE IN THE DIRECTION OF OUR STRONGEST THOUGHTS.
(Romans 8:5-6 NLT) Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
A CHANGE OF THINKING
(Romans 12:2 NLT) Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
(2 Corinthians 10:3-5) For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
(2 Corinthians 10:5 NLT)…We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
• What negative thoughts are dominating your thinking?
• What spiritual truth will demolish your strongholds?
• Worried all the time: Because of Christ, I’m not anxious about anything. I cast my cares on God because He cares for me. I have the peace of God dwelling in my heart and ruling my mind.
• Don’t know God’s will: My life belongs to God. Daily I seek Him and daily He directs my steps. I know His voice and He leads me to His perfect will.
• Lacking confidence: My confidence is in Christ and Christ alone. Because His spirit lives within me, I can do everything He calls me to do.
• Inconsistent in time with God: I love the living, indwelling presence of my good God. Praying is as important to me as breathing. God’s Word nourishes my soul. I depend on His presence every moment of every day.
MY WORDS TO LIVE BY